Our church will be a spiritual sanctuary, a place of prayer, reflection and inspiration for those seeking God.
It was a joyous occasion when the church was blessed and declared formally opened on 12th February 1961 by Archbishop Michael Olçomendy.
Their presence prompted the French missionaries to send Father Anatole Mauduit to first build a small chapel in the Kranji area in 1846, and subsequently in Bukit Timah, when the plantation farmers he cared for moved there.
It was finally with much excitement that the church was eventually completed on 22nd April 1978 when it was blessed and opened by Archbishop Gregory Yong.
Plans were drawn up and by 21st November 1971, the Church of St Vincent de Paul was blessed and opened by the Archbishop Michael Olçomendy.
When the Church of the Good Shepherd was built in 1847, its congregation moved from the small French Mission chapel on Bras Basah Road into the new church.
The first mass was celebrated in St Michael’s on 1st October 1961, with Father John Lei as parish priest.
St Mary of the Angels began as a small nameless hilltop chapel for the friars. Adjoining the Franciscan Sociological Centre, it was dedicated by Archbishop Michael Olçomendy in 1958.
Following this, after many more fundraising efforts, the community rejoiced when Archbishop Michael Olçomendy blessed and declared open the Blessed Sacrament Church on 8th May 1965.